How to recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption stuck/frozen in Windows 10/8/7?
I was trying to decrypt a Bitlocker-protected external hard drive overnight and it seems to be stuck at 52% decryption completed. I then paused decryption and opened up the error checking tool but it didn't complete but in the process, I agreed to turn off access to the drive during the "error check" that doesn't seem to have happened. Btw, there's over 2TB worth of some pretty important data on this drive so can someone please help? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount for a software solution.
Solution 1: Pause Bitlocker decryption and resume
1. Open the BitLocker Drive Encryption Control Panel applet (Start, Control Panel, BitLocker Drive Encryption).
2. On the Bitlocker encrypted drive, select Suspend Protection.
3. Click Yes to the confirmation.
4. Select Resume Protection.
If above steps cannot resume Bitlocker decryption, please try following steps:
1. Safely eject Bitlocker encrypted external hard drive.
2. Change anoter USB port to plug Bitlocker encrypted external hard drive in or connect Bitlocker encrypted external hard drive to another computer.
3. Right click Bitlocker encrypted external hard drive in My Computer, select Unlock and then enter the password or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key to decrypt again.
Solution 2: Bitlocker data recovery
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a professional Bitlocker data recovery software which can recover lost data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive, recover lost data from inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive, recover lost data from failed Bitlocker encrypted drive, recover lost data from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive, recover lost or deleted Bitlocker encrypted partition, recover lost data after Bitlocker encryption failed, interrupted, stuck, paused, recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption failed, interrupted, stuck, paused, frozen, etc. in Windows 10/8/7/XP.
Tutorial to recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption stuck/frozen in Windows 10/8/7
Step 1: Download, install and launch M3 Bitlocker Recovery on your computer.
Step 2: Select the corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive and then click Next to continue.
Step 2: Enter the password or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key and click Ok.
Step 3: Scan the lost data from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 4: After your files are found, please select them and click "Recover" to start data recovery from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive.
If some recovered files cannot open, please check "Enable brute-force decryption" option and try again.
- Bitlocker keeps asking for recovery key in Windows 10/8/7
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption failed?
- How to disable, turn off, remove Bitlocker drive encryption in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with/without password and recovery key?
- How to access/unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive on another computer: Windows, Mac or Linux?
- How to remove Bitlocker encryption from USB drive, pen drive, external HDD on Windows and macOS?