Bitlocker recovery screen and Bitlocker recovery every boot Windows 10/8/7
Some users have reported in forum posts that they are prompted to enter a Bitlocker recovery key when starting/booting their computers every time.
Bitlocker drive encryption software usually should not ask for the Bitlocker recovery key upon PC boot up during normal start-up. Under some curcumstances, it might ask for the Bitlocker recovery key after motherboard hardware changes or if the program believes the data might be under attack, but it should not happen continuously.
How to solve Bitlocker recovery screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login/boot?
Please follow below steps to pass Bitlocker recovery screen:
Step 1: Boot the Windows OS which is asking for Bitlocker recovery key at login.
Step 2: Enter Bitlocker recovery key (How/Where to find Bitlocker recovery key?) when seeing Bitlocker recovery screen.
If Bitlocker recovery key is not accepted, please download M3 Data Recovery WinPE edition and create M3 Data Recovery WinPE boot disk to recover data.
If you cannot find Bitlocker recovery key, please refer to how to extract recovery key from TPM, but this solution is difficult for operate in our life.
Step 3: Once Windows OS is started, please go to Start -> Control Panel -> Bitlocker Drive Encryption.
Step 4: Click "Suspend protection" option next to the C drive (Or click "Turn off Bitlocker" to disable Bitlocker drive encryption on C drive).
Step 5: A dialog box window will open asking "Do you want to suspend BitLocker protection?", please press the Yes button to confirm.
Step 6: Please wait a few minutes after suspending protection and then click the "Resume protection" option to update Bitlocker TPM.
Step 7: Please click "Change password" to reset the invalid password.
Step 8: Please restart the computer and check if Bitlocker recovery screen persists.
How to recover data after Bitlocker recovery screen doesn't accept recovery key?
Bitlocker recovery software
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a Bitlocker recovery software which can recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive on Windows 10/8/7 and Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003.
M3 Bitlocker Recovery can recover data from failed, corrupted, inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive; recover data from formatted Bitlocker encrypted drive; recover data from deleted/lost Bitlocker encrypted partition' recover data after Bitlocker drive encryption failed, interrupted, etc. after supplying the password or Bitlocker recovery key.
Tutorial to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive:
Step 1: Connect the hard drive to another computer as an external hard drive. If not, please download M3 Data Recovery WinPE edition and create M3 Data Recovery WinPE boot disk to recover data.
Step 2: Download, install and launch M3 Bitlocker Recovery software on your computer.
Step 3: Select the inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive and then click Next to continue.
Step 4: Enter the password or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key and click Ok.
Step 5: M3 Bitlocker Recovery is decryptiong data from inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 6: After the scan completes, please select the files you need and click Recover to start recovery.
If you find some recovered files cannot open, please check "Enable brute-force decryption" option to recover them again.
Common Bitlocker recovery error
1. Recovery error. Error recovering disk, A recovery key was not found on this drive. The drive cannot be unlocked.
2. Recovery error. Error recovering disk, the recovery key you typed is not correct. Type it again.
3. Manage-bde failed to unlock volume with the correct password or Bitlocker recovery key.
4. Bitlocker drive doesn't accept correct password or Bitlocker recovery key.
5. Bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows, try opening the drive using a newer version of Windows.
6. BitLocker drive encryption failed to recover from an abruptly terminated conversion. This could be due to either all conversion logs being corrupted or the media being write-protected.
8. Bitlocker recovery key or password is not working on Windows 10/8/7.
9. Disk Management shows Bitlocker encrypted drive as unknown file system.
When encountering the above Bitlocker recovery error, Bitlocker encrypted drive cannot be unlocked so that we cannot access the data stored in Bitlocker encrypted drive. In this situation, we have to find a Bitlocker data recovery software to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive.
- How to recover deleted/lost Bitlocker encrypted partition?
- How to recover data from formattetd Bitlocker encrypted drive?
- How to recover data from inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive?
- How to recover data from failing/failed Bitlocker encrypted drive?
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker encryption stuck in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to unlock Bitlocker drive with/without password or Bitlocker recovery key?
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker encryption interrupted in Windows 10/8/7?
- Surface Bitlocker Recovery: Recover Bitlocker recovery key or recover data from Bitlocker encrypted Surface