Free data recovery from Bitlocker encrypted drive in Windows 10/8/7
The BitLocker Repair Tool (Repair-bde) is a free command-line tool included with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and later. This tool can be used to access encrypted data on a severely corrupted hard drive which was encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption. It is used especially for the extraction of data from under locked BitLocker drive, so it is a way for free Bitlocker data recovery.
Now here is what to do. First of all make sure that:
- You have encrypted the volume by using BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
- You must have Bitlocker recovery key or Bitlocker recovery password.
- You must have an empty output volume of equal or larger size than the BitLocker-protected drive.
Tutorial for free Bitlocker data recovery with repair-bde
Step 1: Run CMD in administrator mode.
Step 2: Run the repair-bde command like:
Step 3: Mounted the .img file to a virtual drive with the mount tool (Such as: OSFMount, MagicDisc, Gizmo Director).
Step 4: Use Data Recovery module built-in M3 Data Recovery or Recuva to recover data from this virtually mounted drive.
Although repair -bde is a free way to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive, but it is very complex for most users. However, repair -bde can only recover data from inaccessible, corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive, what's more, in some situations, repair -bde may fail to recover inaccessible, corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive, why not choose a easy-to-use and professional Bitlocker data recovery software?
Easy way to recover data from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive with M3 Bitlocker Recovery
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a professional Bitlocker data recovery software which recover data from formatted Bitlocker drive, recover files from deleted or lost Bitlocker encrypted partition, recover data from damaged, corrupted or inaccessible Bitlocker encrypted drive, recover data after Bitlocker drive encryption/decryption failed, etc.
Step 1: Install and launch M3 Bitlocker Recovery. After that, select the corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive you want to recover data from and click Next to continue.
Step 2: Enter the password or Bitlocker recovery key.
Step 3: Scan the lost files from Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 4: After your files are found, please select them and click "Recover" to save.
- How to get Bitlocker recovery key in Windows 10/8/7?
- Bitlocker keeps asking for recovery key in Windows 10/8/7
- How to recover data from Windows 10 Bitlocker protected drive?
- How to resume Bitlocker encryption paused in Windows 10/8/7/Vista?
- Bitlocker partition recovery: recover deleted/lost Bitlocker encrypted partition
- Surface Bitlocker Recovery: How to recover Bitlocker recovery key from Surface?
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption stuck in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker decryption paused in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to unlock Bitlocker drive with/without password or Bitlocker recovery key?
- How to recover data from accidently formatted Bitlocker encrypted partition?
- How to repair/recover corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive and get data back?