What is RAW file system and how to fix RAW file system to NTFS/FAT32?
What is RAW file system?
RAW file system is a state of the hard drive or other storage device which has no known Windows file system, such as FAT32 or NTFS. How to fix RAW file system, change/convert RAW file system to NTFS/FAT32 or recover lost data from RAW file system?
Because no file system exists on the drive, you cannot access the drive, also you cannot access the files or folders on the drive, and it cannot be used to store data.
In this situation, you will get an error message like "You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it" as below when accessing the RAW partition, if we click "No", the raw partition cannot be accessed. On the contrary, if we click "Yes", we will lose all the data stored on this drive. How to access the data stored on RAW partition if I don't format it?
RAW file system symptoms
1. Windows prompts: "You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?" When trying to open the drive in Windows Explorer.
2. Drive properties shows that both used space and free space are 0 bytes, file system is RAW or no file system type.
3. Drive X:\ not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
4. Disk Management shows the partition as either RAW file system or no a file system type, depending on the Windows version in use
5. When running chkdsk on RAW hard drive, RAW external hard drive, RAW USB drive, RAW memory card, RAW SD card, Windows prompts: The type of the file system is RAW. chkdsk is not available for RAW drives.
M3 Data Recovery is a RAW file system recovery software which can restore RAW to NTFS and recover lost data from RAW file system in Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003. Download M3 Data Recovery now to fix RAW file system (Change/convert RAW file system to NTFS/FAT32) and recover lost data from RAW file system.
Tips: If the RAW file system drive is physically failed, M3 Data Recovery cannot restore RAW file system to NTFS, you need to send the physically failed RAW file system drive to a local data recovery service for help.
Solution 1: Change/Convert RAW file system to NTFS/FAT32 without data loss
Step 1: After launching M3 Data Recovery, select RAW Drive Recovery module and then choose the RAW file system drive.
Step 2: Click Next to scan the RAW file system drive you want to fix/repair.
Step 3: Check the files in RAW file system drive before you fix/repair.
Step 4: Click "Fix Drive" to fix RAW file system.
Solution 2: Recover lost data from RAW file system drive
M3 Data Recovery also provides powerful data recovery function which can recover lost data from RAW partition, RAW hard drive, RAW external hard drive, RAW USB flash drive, RAW memory card, RAW SD card, etc., follow the wizard and just need two steps to recover lost data from RAW file system drive.
Tutorial to recover lost data from RAW file system with M3 Data Recovery
Step 1: Choose "Data Recovery" module on M3 Data Recovery main interface.
Step 2: Select RAW file system drive and click Next to continue.
Step 3: After M3 Data Recovery finds lost data, please select the files you want to expect and click Recover to start recovery.
- How to fix corrupted and unreadable SD card?
- Mac won't turn on, what to do and how to fix it?
- How to fix 'The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer'?
- How to fix RAW external hard drive without formatting and recover lost data?
- How to use diskpart command to convert RAW to NTFS, fix RAW partition?
- USB drive RAW file system, how to fix RAW USB drive and recover data?