How to fix 'BitLocker encrypted USB drive you inserted is not readable by this computer' on Mac computer?
I have read BootCamp does not read MS BitLocker. Our company has started to enable BitLocker on the enterprise computers, now I can't read/write documents on my iMac anymore and receive "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". Any solution which can read BitLocker USB drive on macOS?
Although only Windows operating system can read BitLocker encrypted USB drive or external hard drive. But there is a BitLocker for Mac tool called M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac which allows you to open BitLocker encrypted USB flash drive on macOS Big Sur/Catalina/Mojave/High Sierra.
Tutorial to read BitLocker encrypted USB drive on macOS computer
Step 1: Download, install and launch M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac on your Mac computer.
Step 2: Insert the BitLocker encrypted USB drive into your Mac computer.
Step 3: Please choose "Ignore" after receiving the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer. There are three buttons: Initialize, Ignore, Eject".
Step 4: Select BitLocker encrypted USB drive in M3 BitLocker Loader for Mac and click "Open" icon to continue.
Step 5: Enter the password (or 48-digit BitLocker recovery key) and click "Unlock" to unlock BitLocker encrypted USB drive.
Step 6: After unlocking BitLocker encrypted USB drive, please select the files on BitLocker encrypted USB drive you want to export and then copy them out.
- How to read BitLocker encrypted drive on Mac?
- Does BitLocker work on macOS & Mac OS X computer?
- How to encrypt USB flash drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?
- Mac BitLocker To Go to access BitLocker encrypted drive on macOS/Mac OS X
- How to password protect USB flash drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?
- How to password protect external hard drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?