How to encrypt/password protect USB flash drive on macOS?
Truecrypt is not secure. With GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) now in full force, we have to make our drives being encrypted. Bitlocker is the truely secure encryption built-in Windows, however, Microsoft has not implemented Bitlocker client for macOS, but with the help of M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac, we can still use Bitlocker to password protect/encrypt USB drive on macOS Mojave/High Sierra/Sierra and Mac OS X.
Tutorial to encrypt/password protect USB drive with Bitlocker on macOS
Step 1: Download and install M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac.
Step 2: Insert USB drive into Mac computer.
Step 3: Launch M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac.
Step 4: Click "Encrypt" button in toolbar of M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac.
Step 5: Select USB drive and then click Encrypt.
Step 6: Enter the password.
Step 7: Save the recovery key.
Step 8: After Bitlocker drive encryption comppletes, the USB drive will be encrypted/password protected.
After encrypting USB drive with Bitlocker on Mac, we can use M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac to read/write Bitlocker encrypted drive on macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/Sierra 10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7 Operating Systems.
Bitlocker for Linux/Ubuntu
M3 Bitlocker Loader for Linux is a command line tool to encrypt USB flash drive or external hard drive with Bitlocker, mount Bitlocker encrypted drive in read-write mode.
- TrueCrypt for macOS Mojave/High Sierra alternative
- How to open Bitlocker encrypted USB drive on macOS or Mac OS X?
- How to access Bitlocker encrypted flash drive on macOS/Mac OS X?
- How to format, encrypt USB flash drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?
- Mac Bitlocker To Go to access Bitlocker encrypted drive on macOS/Mac OS X
- How to format, password protect USB flash drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?
- How to format, password protect external hard drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?