How to encrypt USB drive with Bitlocker on macOS/Mac OS X?
Preconditions for using Bitlocker drive encryption on macOS/Mac OS X
1. Prepare for an external drive, such as USB drive, flash drive, external hard drive.
2. The file system of the external drive must be NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT.
3. Bitlocker drive encryption requires macOS 10.11 and above OS.
Tutorial to encrypt USB drive with Bitlocker on macOS & Mac OS X
Step 1: Download and install M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac.
Step 2: Insert USB drive (USB flash drive or USB external hard drive) into Mac computer.
Step 3: Launch M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac.
Step 4: Click "Encrypt" button in toolbar.
Step 5: Select the partition which you want to encrypt and click Encrypt.
Step 6: Enter the password.
Step 7: Save the recovery key.
Step 8: Complete Bitlocker drive encryption.
After encrypting external drive with Bitlocker on Mac, we can use M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac to read/write Bitlocker encrypted drive on Mac Mini, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac with macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/10.12 (Sierra) and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7 Operating Systems.
Tutorial to open and read/write Bitlocker encrypted USB drive on Mac computer
Step 1: Download, install and launch M3 Bitlocker Loader for Mac on your Mac computer.
Step 2: Insert a Bitlocker encrypted USB drive.
Step 3: Select Bitlocker encrypted USB drive you want to open on Mac computer and then click "Open" icon to continue.
Step 4: Enter the password (or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key) and click "Unlock" to unlock Bitlocker encrypted USB drive.
Step 5: Select the files in Bitlocker encrypted USB drive you and then copy them out.
- How to recover data from formatted USB flash drive?
- How to recover data from USB drive and fix corrupted USB drive?
- Bitlocker encrypted USB drive not accessible/working/recognized
- USB drive data recovery: How to recover data from USB flash drive?
- How to encrypt USB flash drive for Mac & Windows PC usage?
- How to recover deleted/lost files from Bitlocker encrypted USB flash drive?