I have a 16GB memory card which is corrupted. I try to access it and get the error:"Disk not formatted". When I check the properties of the memory card it shows both free space and used space as 0 bytes, the file system is RAW. Is there any way I can repair my memory card? I have important photos stored in it.
What cause memory card 0 bytes, RAW file system?
Memory card 0bytes, RAW file system may be caused the following reasons:
Corrupted file system structure
Memory card 0 bytes with RAW file system is a common problem for every memory card user, but it is still unknown for most users to fix memory card 0 bytes with RAW file system problem. However, there are two situations when the memory card shows 0 bytes used space and free space with RAW file system:
1. The file system of memory card is corrupted.
2. The memory card is physically damaged.
Different situations need different solutions, following are corresponding solutions to solve memory card 0 bytes used space and free space with RAW file system.
Fix memory card 0 bytes, RAW file system
This solution is used to fix memory card RAW file system which is caused by corrupted file system. M3 Data Recovery is a professional RAW memory card repair software which can fix memory card RAW file system and convert RAW to FAT32/exFAT without data loss, also supports RAW external hard drive, RAW USB flash drive, RAW USB stick, RAW CF card, RAW hard drive, etc. on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server 2012/2008/2003.
Tutorial to fix memory card 0 bytes, RAW file system
Step 1: Connect the RAW memory card to your computer through card reader.
Step 2: Download, install and launch M3 Data Recovery. After that, choose RAW Drive Recovery module on home window.
Step 3: Choose RAW memory card and click Next.
Step 4: Check the files in RAW memory card before fixing RAW memory card.
Recover data from RAW memory card
When memory card RAW file system cannot be fixed, please try M3 Data Recovery to recover data from RAW memory card. M3 Data Recovery is also an easy-to-use and professional data recovery software to recover lost data from hard drive, external hard drive, CF card, SD card, USB flash drive, memory card, etc.
Format RAW memory card with professional format tool
If there is no important data in RAW memory card, please go to My Computer or Disk Management and then format RAW memory card:
1. Right click RAW memory card and select "Format..." option
2. Select FAT32/exFAT file system and then click "Start" button to format RAW memory card.
If Windows is uable to format RAW memory card, maybe memory card is write-protected or physically damaged, please try SD card formatter or the corresponding memory card production tool according to memory card model
Seek for help from service provider
If there is important data in RAW memory card and it is physically damaged (The common symptom is wrong detect capacity by Disk Management, for example, memory card total capacity is 16GB, while Disk Management detects memory card total capacity as 2GB), please send your RAW memory card to a service provider for data recovery.
How to avoid memory card 0 bytes, RAW file system?
Usually, a new memory card wouldn't have 0 bytes, RAW file system problem. When a memory card has been used for a long time, memory card can show 0 bytes, RAW file system problem due to various causes. Therefore, in order to avoid memory card 0 bytes, RAW file system, you can do following things:
1. Avoid connecting memory card to the public computer: Public computer may be infected by virus attack, if you connect memory card to a computer which has been attacked by virus, the memory card will also be infected by virus. When the memory card is attacked by virus, it may stop working properly and shows 0 bytes, RAW file system.
2. Eject memory card properly: Memory card is easy to be corrupted if you eject memory card inproperly. If you remove memory card from your computer when memory card is still in use, SD card can also be corrupted and shows 0 bytes, RAW file system.