How to perform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery?
My USB thumb drive stored lots of photos, but its file system suddenly changed into RAW instead of FAT32 last night. There were 0 bytes free and 0 bytes used. It is saying it is not recognized and needs to be formatted. If I format it will erase all of my files. What can I do to recover my files or change USB RAW file system back to FAT32 without data loss?
RAW file system, known as a state of hard drive or storage device file system, which cannot be recognized by Windows. By this means, storage devices or hard drives which are being marked as RAW file system cannot be used to store data nor to save files or folders on them. So how to fix this problem and make everything right? Here, M3 RAW Drive Recovery will offer you reliable solution to assist you perform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery under Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP etc.
RAW file system issues
It’s obvious that RAW file system may cause the storage devices unusable and serious data loss issues. Here we will list you some symptoms that you may ever meet when your hard drive or partitions under Windows 10/8/7 or other systems.
1. Format error
Windows would always warn users with “You need to format the disk in drive (D/E/F) before you can use it. Do you want to format it?” or “Disk not formatted error, do you want to reformat?” etc words. If you click format or Reformat your may really format the RAW file system hard drive or partition under Windows. However, if you have no data backups, it would be a big loss for you.
2. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives
When hard drive or external storage device became RAW, a CHKDSK tool is unable to perform a RAW file system recovery: The type of the file system is RAW and CHKDSK is not available for RAW drive.
3. Windows cannot recognize the partition or hard drive or to load files when the file system become RAW.
4. No tools can detect RAW drive: Windows Explorer, Disk Management tool or the Windows system itself can recognize or read anything in RAW drives, showing RAW with zero byte.
Other reasons such as virus attack, improper operations such as to unplug USB drive directly or other unknown reasons may also cause RAW file system issues. How to perform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery?
Can ordinary users fix/repair USB RAW file system issue and restore it? How?
So how to fix/repair USB RAW file system issue? Can we ordinary Windows users fix/repair USB RAW file system issue directly and protect our data? How?
M3 RAW Drive Recovery knows how to peform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery for you. Only two simple steps, you can perform USB RAW file system recovery and get all data back with RAW drives or storage devices usable again. Let's see how to perform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery.
Steps to perform USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery
Step 1: Connect RAW file system USB drive to your computer.
Download, install and launch M3 RAW Drive Recovery. After that, select the RAW USB drive and then click Next to scan the RAW USB drive.
Step 2: Check the files in RAW USB drive before peforming USB RAW file system recovery and data recovery.
Step 3: Peform USB RAW file system recovery or data recovery from RAW USB drive by switching to Data Recovery Mode of M3 RAW Drive Recovery.
- How to fix corrupted and unreadable SD card?
- How to fix iMac/MacBook Air/Pro won't turn on/start up/boot?
- How to fix 'The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer'?
- How to fix RAW external hard drive without formatting and recover data?
- How to fix/convert RAW to NTFS without formatting/losing data in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to convert, format, fix RAW drive to NTFS/FAT32 with diskpart command?
- USB drive RAW file system, how to convert RAW USB drive to FAT32/NTFS without data loss?