How to solve 'Error recovering disk: The recovery key you typed is not correct'?
I have a Bitlocker encrypted external hard drive, every time I Enter the Bitlocker recovery key to unlock it and receive: "Error recovering disk: The recovery key you typed is not correct. Type it again". I confirm I have entered correct recovery key, please help.
There are several solutions we can have a try:
Solution 1: Enter correct recovery key or password.
If you forgot or lost Bitlocker recovery key or password, please refer to how to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive without the password or Bitlocker recovery key?
Solution 2: Try another computer
If you confirm you have entered correct recovery key, please connect Bitlocker encrypted drive to another computer and try to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with recovery key.
Solution 3: Bitlocker data recovery
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a professional Bitlocker data recovery software which can recover data from formatted, corrupted, failed, inaccessible, unknown, deleted or lost Bitlocker encrypted partition, etc. as long as we provide the password or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key.
Tutorial to recover data from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive with M3 Bitlocker Recovery
Step 1: Download, install and launch M3 Bitlocker Recovery on your computer.
Step 2: Select the corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive and click Next to continue.
Step 3: Enter the password or 48-digit Bitlocker recovery key.
Step 4: Scan the lost data from corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 5: After the lost data is found, please select them and click "Recover" to save.
- How to recover recovery key with Bitlocker Recovery Password Viewer?
- How to recover Bitlocker recovery key from Active Directory?
- Bitlocker data recovery wtih Bitlocker Repair tool on Windows 10/8/7
- Bitlocker keeps asking for recovery key in Windows 10/8/7
- How to resume Bitlocker encryption paused in Windows 10/8/7/Vista?
- Surface Bitlocker Recovery: Recover Bitlocker recovery key or recover data from Bitlocker encrypted Surface