How to recover Bitlocker recovery key from Active Directory?
This article introduce two methods to recover Bitlocker recovery key from Active Directory: Using Bitlocker Recovery Password Viewer and AD Bitlocker Password Audit.
Solution 1: Using BitLocker Recovery Password Viewer
If you are active directory users, you can use Bitlocker Recovery Password Viewer to locate and view BitLocker recovery passwords that are stored in AD DS. You can also use this tool to help recover data that is stored on a volume that has been encrypted by using BitLocker.
In Active Directory Users and Computers, locate and then click the container in which the computer is located. For example, click the Computers container.
Right-click the computer object, and then click Properties.
In the ComputerName Properties dialog box, click the BitLocker Recovery tab to view the BitLocker recovery passwords that are associated with the particular computer.
Solution 2: Using AD Bitlocker Password Audit
AD Bitlocker Password Audit is a free Windows tool for querying your Active Directory for all or selected computer objects and returning their Bitlocker recovery key in a grid-view format giving you a quick overview of the status of your current password recovery capabilities. With the included data filtering functionality you can quickly create detailed results for machines that match your filtering criteria.
If the above two solutions fail, please refer to How to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive without password and Bitlocker recovery key?
Bitlocker drive data recovery software - M3 Bitlocker Recovery
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a professional data recovery software for Bitlocker encrypted drive which can recover deleted files from Bitlocker drive, recover files from formatted, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted or lost Bitlocker encrypted partition after providing the password or Bitlocker recovery key.
Step 1: Select the Bitlocker drive you want to recover data from and click Next to continue.
Step 2: Enter the password or Bitlocker recovery key and then recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 3: Scan the lost files from Bitlocker encrypted drive.
Step 4: After your files are found, please select and click "Recover" to save them.
- How to recover data from failing/failed Bitlocker encrypted drive?
- Recover lost data after Bitlocker encryption failed in Windows 10/8/7
- How to resume Bitlocker encryption paused in Windows 10/8/7/Vista?
- Bitlocker keeps asking for recovery key in Windows 10/8/7
- How to recover data from accidently formatted Bitlocker encrypted partition?
- How to repair/recover corrupted Bitlocker encrypted drive and get data back?
- Bitlocker not asking for password, how to recover data from Bitlocker encrypted drive?
- Bitlocker partition recovery: How to recover deleted/lost Bitlocker encrypted partition?
- USB Bitlocker data recovery: Rrecover deleted/lost files from Bitlocker encrypted USB flash drive