How to unlock BitLocker encrypted drive with WinPE?
Option 1: Unlock BitLocker drive with iBoysoft Data Recovery WinPE boot disk
iBoysoft Data Recovery is a professional data recovery software which provides three recovery modules: Data Recovery, RAW Drive Recovery and BitLocker Recovery, while BitLocker Recovery module is used to recover lost data from inaccessible, corrupted, damaged, failed, lost or deleted BitLocker encrypted partition, hard drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, USB stick, memory stick, SD card , etc. in Windows 10/8/7/XP.
Step 1: Download iBoysoft Data Recovery WinPE boot disk package.
On a healthy computer, download m3datarecovery.zip file as below.
After extracting m3datarecovery.zip file, you will see iboysoftdatarecovery.iso (It is a disc image file) in it.
Step 2: Create a bootable iBoysoft Data Recovery WinPE.
1) Download the portable version of the burning tool: Rufus.
2) Launch Rufus.
3) Insert an empty USB drive into your healthy computer. Otherwise, you will lose all data stored in USB drive when being erased during creating a bootable media.
4) Select USB drive in Rufus.
5) Click on Select to choose iboysoftdatarecovery.iso.
6) Select MBR as partition scheme.
All modern computers come equipped with UEFI by default. If your target computer is UEFI (For example, Surface Pro), select GPT as partition scheme at this step.
7) Select BIOS as target system.
Choose UEFI as target system if you choose GPT as partition scheme at the above step 7.
8) Click on Start to create a bootable USB drive.
If you have any problem about creating this bootable USB drive, please feel free to contact [email protected]
Step 3: Unlock BitLocker drive with iBoysoft Data Recovery WinPE boot disk
1. Set your computer being booted from USB drive.
2. Insert the BitLocker recovery bootable USB drive into your computer.
3. Boot your computer from BitLocker recovery bootable USB drive.
4. After loading iBoysoft Data Recovery successfully, choose BitLocker Recovery module.
5. Select BitLocker encrypted drive and click Next.
6. Enter 48-digit BitLocker recovery key and then click OK.
7. iBoysoft Data Recovery is scanning lost data from BitLocker encrypted drive.
8. After scanning, the files will be listed as below window, it is time to purchase iBoysoft Data Recovery.
9. After purchasing, follow the readme.doc in m3datarecovery.zip to activate iBoysoft Data Recovery bootable USB drive and then recover data from BitLocker encrypted drive.
Option 2: Unlock BitLocker drive with Hiren's BootCD PE
Hiren's BootCD PE (Preinstallation Environment) is a restored edition of Hiren's BootCD based on Windows 10 PE x64. With the useful tools inside of Hiren's BootCD, you can fix many problems related to your computer.
Step 1: Create a bootable USB drive of Hiren's BootCD PE.
1. Download ISO2USB.exe to your computer.
2. Download HBCD_PE_x64.iso to your computer.
3. Run ISO2USB.
4. Choose USB device and ISO.
5. Set drive label and click on "Process" to create a Hiren's BootCD.
Step 2: Unlock BitLocker drive with Hiren's BootCD
1. Boot your computer from Hiren's BootCD PE boot disk
After boot, Hiren's BootCD PE version tries to install drivers like graphics, sound, wireless and ethernet card for your hardware.
2. Open This PC.
3. Double click on the BitLocker encrypted drive.
4. Enter the password.
5. Click on Unlock to unlock BitLocker encrypted drive.
If your BitLocker encrypted drive cannot be unlocked with the correct password, try iBoysoft Data Recovery WinPE boot disk to save your data.