CF card, being regarded as one of the most popular and stable storage device in the world market, is widely used as digital camera memory card for storing photos and videos that are taken by photographers. And with its durable feature, CF card is compatible with the IDE and ATA hard drives so that CF card can also be used as a solid-state drive with the number of embedded systems.
With its popularity among ordinary users, problems also increase among these users while they are using CF card. And CF card not formatted error is one of the top problem. Is it possible to recover data when the CF card become not formatted? And what may cause CF card not formatted? How to solve such a problem?
Causes for CF card not formatted
What makes CF card not formatted? Or how does CF card become not formatted? Finding reasons or causes for CF card not formatted will greatly assist people finding solutions for restoring lost CF card data and even convert not formatted CF card to be ready for storing data again.
What may make CF card not formatted? And how? Here you shall find the exact reasons:
1. Interrupted formatting: when a formatting process got interrupted or stopped due to sudden system failure, CF card unplugged from PC, sudden power off etc, an not formatted error may then happen to the CF card.
2. CF card RAW error: unexpected inner error in the CF card may cause RAW issue and when you tried to format the CF card, the system may also warn you not formatted error
3. Virus attack: sometimes, due to virus attack or malware infecting, the CF card may some how become not formatted.
4. CF card physically failed: The chip of CF card is physically damaged so that it is difficult to recover lost data.
Fix CF card not formatted issue and recover data
Luckily, solutions for this CF card not formatted issue have been found and can be used to solve the CF card not formatted error now. In the below, M3 Data Recovery has developed the solutions to find all lost data from the not formatted CF card and allow you to fix the CF card not formatted issue with easy clicks:
Firstly, tt's recommended to recover lost data from CF card if you happen to lose important photos or videos in the CF card. M3 Data Recovery is an excellent data recovery software which allows you to restore all lost data by simple clicks
1. Recover data from RAW CF card firstly
Step 1: Connect CF card to your computer via card reader.
Step 2: Download, install and launch M3 Data Recovery. After choosing Data Recovery module, location the not formatted CF card is and let this program scan and find data for you.
Step 2: Click Next to scan the not formatted CF card.
Step 4: Wait patiently, when the lost data are listed, you can preview them and select the files you expect and click Recover to store the found data into a safe place on computer.
2. Fix CF card not formatted error
After getting lost photos, videos or other data back from the CF card, it's time to do the last job now: fix CF card not formatted issue.
1. Connect CF card with computer.
2. Open Computer and right-click the not formatted CF card.