32GB USB flash drive was FAT32, but it turned RAW file system with no reason, and now it can't be opened! How to convert USB flash drive RAW to FAT32 without losing data or how to recover data from RAW USB flash drive?
There are many reasons cause USB external hard drive and USB flash drive to become RAW file system, we will guide you how to solve the corresponding USB drive RAW situations as below:
1. File system is RAW or file system unknown
2. Used space 0 bytes, free space 0 bytes
3. Wrong detect capacity, for example 64GB, detect 4GB
4. When format show error, the disk is write protected
5. When USB drive inserted, USB drive not recognized
6. Can not format, including format from disk management, direct format, or format used third party software
Solution 1: Convert USB external hard drive, USB flash drive to NTFS/FAT32 without data loss
After the file system of USB external hard drive or USB flash drive is corrupted, please try this solution to fix/repair USB drive RAW file system and then get data back.
Step 1: Launch M3 Data Recovery and then select RAW Drive Recovery module.
Step 1: Select the RAW USB drive you want to convert to NTFS/FAT32 file system.
Step 3: Click Next to scan the RAW USB drive you want to convert to NTFS/FAT32 file system.
Step 4: Check the files in RAW USB drive before converting to NTFS/FAT32 file system.
Step 5: Convert RAW USB drive to NTFS/FAT32 file system.
Solution 2: Recover data from RAW USB external hard drive and USB flash drive
M3 Data Recovery also provides Data Recovery module to recover data from RAW USB drive. Please try M3 Data Recovery to recover data from RAW USB drive when solution 1 fails or your USB drive cannot be fixed.
Solution 3: Format RAW USB drive with the professional format tool
When encountering if there is no important data in RAW USB drive, just format it with the professional format tool, such as low-format tool, third-party software.
Solution 4: Find the corresponding USB drive production tool
When encountering the following RAW USB drive situations:
1. Wrong detect capacity in device manager, for example 64GB, detect 4GB
2. Can not format, including format from disk management, direct format, or format used third party software
3. When format show error, the disk is write protected
It means the USB drive has been physically damaged, you need to find the corresponding USB drive production tool according to the USB drive model or contact the manufacturer after you ensure there is no important in RAW USB drive.
Solution 5: Send RAW USB drive to a local data recovery company for help
If there is important data in physically damaged RAW USB drive (The common situation is: RAW USB drive is not recognized by disk management or device manager), please send RAW USB drive to a local data recovery company for help.