How to resume BitLocker drive encryption paused in Windows 10/8/7?
I encrypted my external hard drive with BitLocker, but before BitLocker drive encryption completes, computer shut down due to power failure. My BitLocker drive encryption stuck in paused state and now not able to resume it. When I try to access external hard drive through Windows explorer, I get a error message "BitLocker encrypted drive is not accessible, parameter is incorrect". Kindly help me out as I have some very important data stored in that drive.
How to solve "BitLocker drive encryption paused and doesn't resume"?
Following is several solutions to solve "BitLocker drive encryption paused and doesn't resume" in Windows 10/8/7/Vista.
Solution 1: Run chkdsk on BitLocker encrypted drive
We suggest you to suspend BitLocker drive encryption, turn it off and then check the issue with chkdsk command.
Solution 2: Resume BitLocker drive encryption process
1. Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt(Admin).
2. Type manage-bde -protectors –disable drive letter: (eg: Type manage-bde -protectors –disable D:)
3. Once you have completed your tasks and then start the encryption process by typing "manage-bde -resume drive letter:"
4. Once the encryption is complete, then type "manage-bde -protectors -enable drive letter:"
Solution 3: Recover lost data from BitLocker encrypted drive
If BitLocker drive encryption process cannot be resumed after BitLocker drive encryption paused, M3 BitLocker Recovery is a professional BitLocker data recovery software that can recover lost data from damaged, corrupted, failed, inaccessible or lost BitLocker encrypted drive as long as the BitLocker encrypted drive is not physically damaged .
Step 1: Download, install and launch M3 BitLocker Recovery on your computer.
Step 2: Select the BitLocker encrypted drive which you want to recover lost data from and click Next to continue.
Step 3: Enter the password or 48-digit BitLocker recovery key to decrypt data from damaged/corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive.
Step 4: Scan the lost data from BitLocker encrypted drive.
Step 5: After the lost data is found from BitLocker encrypted drive, please select them and click "Recover" to recover lost data from a paused BitLocker encrypted drive.
- How to unlock BitLocker encrypted drive without password and recovery key?
- How to access BitLocker encrypted drive on another Windows PC, Mac or Linux?
- How to disable, turn off, remove BitLocker drive encryption in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to remove BitLocker password from USB drive, pen drive, external HDD on Windows?
- Surface Bitlocker recovery, retreive recovery key