How to recover data from corrupted Bitlocker drive with Bitlocker Repair Tool?
This article introduces two solutions to recover data from corrupted Bitlocker drive: M3 Bitlocker Recovery and Microsoft Bitlocker Repair Tool.
Solution 1: M3 Bitlocker Recovery
M3 Bitlocker Recovery is a professional Bitlocker recovery tool which can recover deleted files from Bitlocker drive, recover lost data from formatted Bitlocker drive, recover lost files from deleted or lost Bitlocker encrypted partition, recover lost data from damaged, corrupted or inaccessible Bitlocker drive, recover lost data after Bitlocker drive encryption/decryption failed, etc.
Step 1: Install and launch M3 Bitlocker Recovery. After that, select the corrupted Bitlocker drive you want to recover lost data from and click Next to continue.
Step 2: Enter the password or Bitlocker recovery key.
Step 3: Scan the lost files from Bitlocker drive.
Step 4: After your files are found, please select and click "Recover" to save them.
Solution 2: Bitlocker Repair Tool
The BitLocker Repair Tool (Repair-bde) is a free command-line tool included with Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8 and Windows 10. This tool can be used to access encrypted data on a severely corrupted hard drive which was encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption. It is used especially for the extraction of data from under locked BitLocker drive.
Download Bitlocker Repair Tool from:Microsoft official site.
Now here is what to do. First of all make sure that:
- You have encrypted the volume by using BitLocker Drive Encryption.
- You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
- You must have Bitlocker recovery key or Bitlocker recovery password.
- You must have an empty output volume of equal or larger size than the BitLocker-protected drive.
Repair corrupted Bitlocker drive using Bitlocker recovery password
Enter the following command in the command prompt and press Enter. In this command "E" is the Bitlocker drive and "F" is a local drive for where to extract the data from the encrypted BitLocker drive.
repair-bde E: F: -pw –Force
(pw is the Bitlocker password user specifies in the UI to access the encrypted volume)
Repair BitLocker drive using Bitlocker recovery key
Here "D:\YourRecoveryKey.bek" is the Bitlocker recovery key location. "062502-073108-275583-125030-023357-182526-362223-517414" is the recovery key generated when the Bitlocker volume is created and you can print it or save it as a plain text on a local (not recommended) or an external hard drive.
repair-bde E: F: -rk D:\YourRecoveryKey.bek
repair-bde E: F: -rp 062502-073108-275583-125030-023357-182526-362223-517414
- How to recover data from Bitlocker drive showing unknown?
- How to recover lost data after Bitlocker drive cannot unlock/repair?
- How to disable, turn off, remove Bitlocker drive encryption in Windows 10/8/7?
- How to unlock Bitlocker drive with/without password and recovery key?
- How to access Bitlocker drive on another Windows PC, Mac or Linux?
- How to remove Bitlocker encryption from USB drive, pen drive, external HDD on Windows and macOS?
- Bitlocker drive encryption is not responding after entering the password or Bitlocker recovery key