BitLocker Recovery boot disk or USB
How to create a bootable BitLocker recovery tool?
Step 1: Download the bootable BitLocker recovery tool.
On a healthy computer, download iboysoftdatarecovery.zip file as below.
If you need to create a UEFI bootable drive, please download this 64 bit ISO file.
After extracting iboysoftdatarecovery.zip file, you will see iboysoftdatarecovery.iso (It is a disc image file) in it.
Step 2: Create a bootable BitLocker recovery tool.
1) Download the portable version of the burning tool: Rufus.
2) Launch Rufus.
3) Insert an empty USB drive into your healthy computer. Otherwise, you will lose all data stored in USB drive when being erased during creating a bootable media.
4) Select USB drive in Rufus.
5) Click on Select to choose iboysoftdatarecovery.iso.
6) Select MBR as partition scheme.
All modern computers come equipped with UEFI by default. If your target computer is UEFI (For example, Surface Pro), select GPT as partition scheme at this step.
7) Select BIOS as target system.
Choose UEFI as target system if you choose GPT as partition scheme at the above step 7.
8) Click on Start to create a bootable USB drive.
If you have any problem about creating this bootable USB drive, please feel free to contact [email protected]
How to recover data from BitLocker-encrypted drive with BitLocker recovery boot disk?
Step 1: Set your computer being booted from USB drive.
Step 2: Insert the BitLocker recovery bootable USB drive into your computer.
Step 3: Boot your computer from BitLocker recovery bootable USB drive.
Step 4: After loading iBoysoft Data Recovery successfully, choose BitLocker Recovery module.
Step 5: Select BitLocker encrypted drive and click Next.
Step 6: Enter 48-digit BitLocker recovery key and then click OK.
Step 7: iBoysoft Data Recovery is scanning lost data from BitLocker encrypted drive.
Step 8: After scanning, the files will be listed as below window, it is time to purchase iBoysoft Data Recovery.
After data recovery, it is time to reset the computer or reinstall the operating system and make it working again.